Monday, September 13, 2010

Bruises!

Monday went better than I expected it to. Usually Mondays go horribly for me, but nothing really bad happened, which I am thankful for. The only thing I'm not thankful for is the homework I have to do for A.P. English. Has anyone else ever done a "reduction" for a book? I wonder if it's called something else outside of my A.P. English class, because nothing comes up for it on Google. Dang... that means I'm going to have to come up with original ideas after all.

Oh, and about the title of this post. I don't think I'm using the bow the right way. The string keeps hitting my arm after I release and the impact inflicts large bruises. It's starting to look like I'm being abused at school. Haha. Archery people, do you know what I'm doing wrong?

My bruises...

I had an algebra test today... I think I did well...

OK, now some things about school that I DON'T LIKE:
1. It's so ridiculous how long the school day is, at least comparing it to how little we're actually taught in a day. I could learn the same material in less than two hours at home, and I'm not even exaggerating.
2. It feels like a day-care for teenagers.
3. I'm so used to my education being individualized that it's so weird to be treated the same as everyone else in the class.
4. I don't like it how lots of high school friendships seem superficial. I'm always hearing people talk behind each other's backs.
5. With all the homework, I might as well be homeschooled.
6. I don't like the way they class people, with the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. I've gotten the impression that it's really uncool to interact with people in different classes. I'm not used to that. With homeschooling, age doesn't matter a lot, and some homeschoolers don't even know what grade they're in. Homeschoolers can become friends with anyone usually.

Now things I LIKE about school:
1. It's nice being able to interact with lots of people every day, even though it's not the kind of socialization that I like.
2. I like the schedule. I like being able to go from one class to another.
3. I like having teachers to be the ones to schedule things, because I'm not good at scheduling. That being said, if it weren't for the scheduling, grades, and tests, I wouldn't have a need for the teacher. I would just need some good books, good DVDS, the Internet, and motivation. But I will add that the A.P. English teacher is different. He's teaching me stuff I probably wouldn't have been able to learn that easily at home.
4. I love P.E.

That's all for now!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment