Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Better Day!

Today was 100% better than yesterday.

I started the day reading a few pages out of St. Augustine's Confessions before psychology started. I've been doing that for a few days, though I don't think I did it yesterday (maybe that's what threw me off!). It's great to read his Confessions out loud, because it's almost like you're saying a prayer yourself, even though they're St. Augustine's words. One of my favorite lines out of it so far is, "... our hearts find no peace until they rest in you." Another line that caught my attention today was, "It is true that curtains are hung over the entrances to the schools where literature is taught, but they are not so much symbols in honour of mystery as veils concealing error." Definitely something to ponder...

Anyway, a reason today was good was because I found out I did really well on my algebra III chapter 1 test, especially compared to everyone else. I got 42 points out of 48. The teacher said most of the class did horrible except for a few exceptions. I think I was one of them, because the girl next to me had gotten 25 points out of 48. My doing a good job on it really made my day, because I've always considered myself really bad at math. It reassures me that I'm not as bad as I think.

We've started playing tennis for P.E. I really need to work at it. I don't have too much experience with tennis. I just remember taking a class when I was seven or so. Since then, I think I can just about count on both hands how many times I've played.

For A.P. English, we read The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. We had to answer some questions about it. I don't know how well I did. I forgot that we could use notes to help us answer the questions, so I never wrote any down. I had the problem of not remembering some of the parts in the beginning of the book. It was a little hazy to me. I remembered the second half of the book, though. I guess I learned my lesson. Next time we read a book, I'll take notes and review before we answer questions.

À demain!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment