Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday!

Another week has gone by and I have gained a little bit more knowledge...

Today, I aced my psychology test, which I was glad of. I also took an algebra quiz and I have no idea how I did. I'm having trouble being able to tell what I have to write down to define the domain and range of a function. In this algebra III book, it's supposed to be review from algebra II. Problem is... I never got far enough into the algebra II book to learn about it. Eh... well, I'm paying the consequences now, I guess.

This week, a guy actually asked me to homecoming. Unfortunately for him, I had to turn him down, because I'm planning on taking my boyfriend. I kind of felt bad when I rejected him... I don't like breaking guys' hearts, after all. Hopefully he can take another girl!

I'm doing horribly at tennis. My partner, Laura from Spain, and I haven't won one game yet. One problem is, is that Laura doesn't realize she's not supposed to let the ball bounce twice before hitting it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to tell her that in Spanish. Another problem is, is that I am just not good with the racket. I either hit the ball too hard or not hard enough. It's a little frustrating. I can't seem to get the right touch! Oh, well. I'm still trying to have fun with it.

I'm doing well in French. I've learned how to say things like j'aime la pizza (I like pizza), j'adore les amis (I love my friends), je deteste les maths (I hate math), and je n'aime pas les examens (I don't like tests). So far, so good. Thankfully, French looks a lot like Latin, so it's no trouble memorizing the vocabulary. The one issue is the pronunciation, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Are my posts starting to get boring? If so, what would you want me to write about? I'd like to know! I'm running out of ideas besides to talk about my day/week, so it'd be appreciated if you'd tell me what you'd like to hear about.

Quote for the Day: "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded." - Pope John Paul II

Au revoir! Valete!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment