Friday, October 8, 2010

It's Homecoming

I'll give ya'll an update:
  • The psychology class is really easy. So far, I don't have to study that much, and I still get As. The stuff isn't that hard to remember and the multiple choice quizzes and tests are pretty easy (for me, at least).
  • For P.E., we're playing flag football. I've gotten two touchdowns so far, although I've dropped and missed the ball more than I've caught it. It's still a lot of fun, though! Next, we're playing ULTIMATE FRISBEE! I'm either going to love this or hate this. I'll hate it if the other kids don't follow the rules. Without the rules, ultimate frisbee is lame.
  • French is pretty easy. It's getting a little harder, but not by much.
  • A.P. English is getting a little easier. It's getting easier to write the timed essays. Yesterday, we had to write an essay about a poem. What we did is walked in the classroom, picked up the poem, read it for the first time, and then had to write an essay about it within the hour. I finished right after the bell rang. I ran out of time and didn't write a good enough conclusion, but that's just something I have to work on.
  • Algebra III is a little hard for me, because I'm more behind on algebra than the other kids it seems. I'm still managing to gets As and do better than others, though. I don't get it. Today, I had a quiz that I thought I'd get a C on, but I got an A with extra credit. Either I'm really good at looking at the question and guessing, or I subconsciously know it. Maybe it's a little of both. Either way, I hope I keep it up.
Today we also had a pep rally. It was funny. We were in seminar when some of the band came down the hall, playing really loud. We followed them to the gym, where the seniors, juniors, sophomores, and freshmen sat in different sections. The cheerleaders and dancers performed, there was a tug-of-war contest (including some seniors vs. some teachers), and some of the teachers did "modern dance" to modern songs (LOL!!!!). One teacher got a pie to the face, too (long story). It was pretty great. I definitely will never forget seeing my P.E. teacher dance. It was way too funny.

I'm debating whether I should go to the homecoming game tonight or not. I applied to a college and have to get my complete transcript to my counselor so she can send it to them. I have to get that to her on Monday, so I'm thinking I'll have to work on it tonight and tomorrow morning. So, yeah, not sure if I'll make the game. But I will be going to the homecoming dance tomorrow with Jacob. I'm hoping everything goes as planned!

Have a great day!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment