Monday, October 18, 2010

Not Much New

We had a long weekend. We had no class on Friday, because of a student-parent conference and other stuff. It was a nice little break, but it made me dread this morning even more. I just did not want to get up. It was too dark outside and my bed was nice and warm. Somehow, I managed to get ready before 7:20.

Nothing's really new, except that I'm noticing that I'm not trying to fit in. At all. The first few weeks I tried to semi-fit in, but now I just don't care. For an example, I'm starting to read non-school-related books while I'm walking down the halls (haven't run into anyone yet). So nerdy! Such a homeschooler thing to do. Gotta love it. 


I'm also starting to really find out just how handy it is to know Latin. So far, it's helped me in French and A.P. English. Sometimes I can read the French sentence because it looks Latin. In AP English, I was able to say that 'to kill a king' is called regicide and 'to kill a father' is patricide, because regis (plural of rex) is Latin for king and pater is Latin for father. Though, I must say, when I answered the teacher, I said patricide with semi-Latin pronunciation. (I said paw-tricide instead of pah-tricide, because pater is pronounced paw-tair. Woops!) That's one problem with my knowing Latin: I can recognize all different kinds of words, but if they're not used in normal conversations, I only know how to pronounce them the "Latin way". 

Right now, I'm pondering whether I should start applying for jobs. I'm worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it all, but I guess that's just a poor excuse. I really should start earning some money...

Also, I'm still waiting to hear back from Aquinas. 

Valēte!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment