Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Exams!

Hi! I know it's been a while. I've just been too lazy to sit down and write a good post. Yup, that's a sure sign that the novelty of public school has worn off. Sometimes it feels like I've always gone to public school, but there are times when I stop and think, "Wow, I'm going to a public school. What did I get myself into?"

I'm doing my first trimester exams. I have three done--psychology, French I, and P.E. They were all way too easy. Tomorrow I have my AP English exam which consists of writing three essays in a row within two hours. I pray I won't be emotionally scarred after it.

Oh, and I exempted my algebra III exam (which will leave me with the grade I have now, an A-). At my school, if you've missed less than three days of school (job shadow, two college visits, and field trips not included), have more than a D- in a class, and have been keeping your nose clean, you can exempt one exam. You can do this once per trimester. I know, it's crazy. I felt so horrible for exempting an exam, but all my peers pressured me into it. They're like, "Think of it as a reward!"

Apparently the school had to start doing this a few years back, because they were having attendance issues. People would skip school for stuff. Crazy!

But I am really glad I don't have to take that algebra exam, because I would've had to have taken it right after the AP English exam. I can tell you now that after that AP English exam, I'm going to be fried. It probably would've resulted in my getting a B in algebra. (Oh my!)

After Wednesday, we get a five-day break! I can't wait!

In other news, I'm accepted to Aquinas and I visited Aquinas' campus. I really, really love the campus. It's so beautiful this time of year, with tons of trees with colorful leaves. I really hope I end up going there. The only issue I have to solve is money. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment