Saturday, May 28, 2011

Choosing a Major: Help!

I will be going to take tests and register for classes at Aquinas on June 7th. I hope the adviser I get is a good one, because I'm not entirely sure what classes I should pick.

Any advice on how to choose a major and a minor? I know I still have a ways to go before I have to decide, but it'd be nice if any of you readers have some experience on that subject. Did you pick a major based off how marketable in the job world it was or on your own strengths and passions? I'd rather pick one based off the later, but in this economy, it seems wiser to base it off the former. Any advice?

For example, I really like writing and languages, which isn't very profitable compared to computer programming or sustainable business. But I'm not sure if I'd enjoy the profitable things quite as much. I may find if I take a class on them that I could, but for now, I'd rather study languages! Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

I'll figure it out eventually, even if it takes me my whole life. Haha. 

1 comment:

  1. I would say go with what you like. How enjoyable is a life full of money when you don't enjoy what you're doing? However, this is coming from a theology major, probably the most unemployable degree ever.

    ReplyDelete