Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Life, The Universe, and Everything

I've gotten bored of public school. During school days, I count down until 2:40, glad to get home at 3:00. I've gotten into the rut of counting down until Friday night. Now I'm counting down the days until graduation, when I won't have to get up at 6:10 every school morning and stay in the same building for most of the day. I feel so sorry for the kids who have been going to school since kindergarten. I can't imagine how much the seniors must be looking forward to graduation!

So, yeah, I've learned that it gets old fast. I'm learning lots of stuff, but public school has a way of making learning a little dull. Some of the classes are very good and I'm not bored during them. Others, it's just too easy to get As and be bored at the same time. :/ Oh, well. That's why I wanted to go to public school: to see what it's like and how I would do. I've found out that I do well in public school. I've also found out that it can be boring. So I've accomplished what I set out to do, essentially. Now I'll just countdown until June...

Let's see. Funny thing happened: I popped popcorn during seminar (we can bring snacks). I tried to open it... apparently too fast, because all the kernels, popcorn, oil, and butter flew EVERYWHERE. Over my book, the desks in front of me. The kernels went all the way to the other side of the room. It was ridiculous and pretty funny. I spent the rest of the hour cleaning up butter and picking up kernels off of the floor. I won't be making that mistake again!

In other news, I'm trying to scope out some scholarships to apply to. I really don't like applying for scholarships. It's so time-consuming. But if I can even get one of those scholarships, it'd be worth it.

Until next time!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment